Transferring in Credits
A student who has earned credits and wishes to have these credits transferred into Taylor College or have credits from a program transferred to another program within Taylor College must meet the criteria below. Taylor College reserves the right to accept or deny transferring of credit.
The School will count all transfer hours that apply toward the student’s current program in determining Satisfactory Academic Progress. All transfer hours will be counted as both hours attempted and hours completed.
- Students requesting transfer of credits must complete and submit official transcript(s) from all institutions attended to the Admissions Department for review at least 60 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students wishing to repeat a course that has been qualified to transfer to Taylor College must complete a Transfer Waiver Form no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the course.
- Transferring of credits must have been earned from an accredited institution recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- No more than 75% of any program may be transferred into Taylor College.
- Any student that has completed general education courses can apply to transfer in the courses on a course by course basis. Students must have earned a “C” or higher in the course in order to qualify to transfer in. General education courses will be considered if they meet the areas in Mathematics, Social Science, Science and Communication. There will be no transfer of subject area, humanities, in lieu of Critical Thinking or Ethics. There is no age limit applied to General Education courses.
- Foundation courses, Human Anatomy and Physiology I, Human Anatomy and Physiology II, Introduction to Microbiology, and Human Nutrition credits will transfer if less than six years old as long as the credits are equivalent to Taylor College’s course credits.
- If foundation courses, Human Anatomy and Physiology I, Human Anatomy and Physiology II, Introduction to Microbiology, and Human Nutrition are over six years old and have been earned as part of a conferred degree are eligible to transfer if the Program Director has approved the transfer-in of those credits. The credits must be equivalent to the course credits awarded at Taylor College.
- A student who requests to transfer of a foundation course is not approved by the Program Director the student will be required to take the course.
- Taylor College will not accept any nursing core courses from other institutions.
Taylor College recognizes the following college equivalencies:
- CLEP examinations administered by the College Board with a score of 50 (equivalent to a “C” grade) on an appropriated College-Level Examination Program, CLEP.
- Advanced Placement (AP) examinations administered by The College Board; A score of 3 or higher is required. Applicable to General Education coursework only. Official transcripts must be received from Advance Placement.
- Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) examinations administered by Cambridge University. A score of A-E is required. Applicable to General Education coursework only.
- International Baccalaureate (IB); a score of 4 or higher is required. (Applicable to General Education coursework only.)
- College credit for military service may be awarded upon review of a military transcript. Information on how to order military transcript can be found at: http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Transcripts-for-Military-Personnel.aspx
Credits requesting to be transferred in must at least be equal to those offered at Taylor College.
- The course is not a remedial course.
- The course was not taken to satisfy freshman admission requirements.
- Transcripts will be thoroughly evaluated by both the Director of Compliance and the Program Director of the particular program in which you are enrolling.
- Students will receive notification regarding the transfer credit evaluation and which courses were transferred in.
- Courses accepted for transfer-in of credit will be noted on the Official Transcript from Taylor College.
Appeal Process for Transfer of Credits
The student must complete an Transfer of Credit Appeal Form appeal form. The following supplemental information must be attached with the appeal form and submitted 30 days before the start of the program.
- Course syllabus
- Course objectives
- Course description
- Course textbooks and required materials
- Other relevant information
The information for appeals will be reviewed by the President, Director of Compliance, Program Director and/or along with an appropriate faculty member.
The student will receive in writing the outcome and all decisions will be final.