Taylor College programs are approved by the Florida Department of Veteran’s Affairs for training. Students who are eligible to receive educational assistance from the federal Department of Veteran’s Affairs may use their awards toward their education. The educational assistance includes various chapters covered by the following VA programs:
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill ®
- Montgomery GI Bill ® – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill ® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Students who plan to use VA Benefits at Taylor College must notify the Financial Aid Department. A Financial Aid Representative will assist the student in completing the appropriate documents required to receive benefits. The following documents will be voluntarily requested to begin the claim process.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility
Students with questions about their education assistance and eligibility may visit the VA’s website for free education and vocational counseling services available to service members and veterans at http://explore.va.gov/.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), Taylor College adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. Taylor College will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
Students with questions about their education assistance and eligibility may visit the VA’s website for free education and vocational counseling services available to service members and veterans. For more information on how to apply for VA benefits, please visit this website or contact the Financial Aid Office.
GI Bill® Comparison Tool link for all VA prospective and active students is available by visiting this website.