Nursing Assistant Test Preparation Course (Non Accredited)
This non-accredited course is designed to prepare students for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam. It is designed to be delivered in a lab setting, and focuses on instruction of theory and skills practice. The student will:
- Review and practice necessary skills to succeed as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Complete written examinations based on content learned in class.
- Discuss work habits to include empathy and compassion in dealing with patients both in the private economy and public sector.
- Perform 1 – 2 hours of study each day to prepare for lectures and examinations.
Once you pass your Certification Exam, you are able to start working as a Certified Nursing Assistant. As a CNA you are able to work directly with patients in multiple health care settings including hospitals, nursing home facilities and rehabilitation facilities by providing assistance with daily care.
- Future start dates can be found in the Prospective Students Tab under Admissions
- Confirm Course Date Availability
- Appointment with Admissions Representative
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License (at least 18 years old)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
Once a student has completed this course, they will have the option to apply for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant is conducted by Prometric. An application and testing fee must be submitted by the student to Prometric prior to receiving a testing date. For more information please visit www.prometric.com.
Taylor College provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and test success. Students will receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty, practice and theory; all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.
*All Test Prep and Continuing Education courses are excluded from Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).