Nursing Assistant Test Preparation Course (Non Accredited)
This non-accredited course is designed to prepare students for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam. It is designed to be delivered in an online and lab setting, and focus on instruction of theory and skills practice. The student will:
- Review and practice necessary skills to succeed as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Complete written examinations based on content learned in class.
- Discuss work habits to include empathy and compassion in dealing with patients both in the private economy and public sector.
- Perform 1 – 2 hours of study each day to prepare for lectures and examinations.
Once you pass your Certification Exam, you are able to start working as a Certified Nursing Assistant. As a CNA you are able to work directly with patients in multiple health care settings including hospitals, nursing home facilities and rehabilitation facilities by providing assistance with daily care.
- Future start dates can be found in the Perspective Students Tab under Admissions
- Confirm Course Date Availability
- Appointment with Admissions Representative
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License (at least 18 years old)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
Once a student has completed this course, they will have the option to apply for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant is conducted by Prometric. An application and testing fee must be submitted by the student to Prometric prior to receiving a testing date. For more information please visit www.prometric.com.
Taylor College provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and test success. Students will receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty, practice and theory; all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.