This 40-hour course is designed to provide Licensed Practical Nurses with a basic knowledge of I.V. Therapy practice. Course content includes:
- Current standards of practice
- Venous access device review
- Venipuncture techniques
- I.V. medication administration and fluid management
- Review of nutritional solutions
- Management of difficult I.V. insertions
- Legal aspects and vascular access protocols
Students will complete this course in a self-study format and meet on campus for the last day of class. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive documentation of the I.V. Therapy Education. Successful completion includes attendance, class participation and a minimum grade of 75% of the final exam.
- Date: April 2017
- Cost: $230
For more details about the I.V. Therapy course, please call 352-245-4119.