EKG Test Course (Non-Accredited)
This non-accredited course will provide students with an overview of anatomy and physiology and the cardiovascular system as they prepare to challenge the EKG Competency Exam. The student will also learn clinical procedures necessary to complete an EKG including the steps necessary to prepare reports for hospitals and doctor’s offices.
- Course Start Date: April 3rd – April 27th 2018 (Hybrid Schedule)
- Appointment with Admissions Representative
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License (at least 18 years old)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED Certificate, Official High School Transcripts and/or Official GED Transcripts
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
Once a student has completed this course, they will have the option to apply for the exam to become a Certified EKG Technician through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Prior to applying for the exam, students must complete 12 EKG’s and supply documentation with their application. Testing to become a Certified EKG Technician is conducted by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). An application and testing fee must be submitted by the student to NHA prior to receiving a testing date. For more information please visit www.nhanow.com.
Taylor College is a testing site for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Students who submit their application and testing fee to NHA can take the EKG Technician Certification Exam at the college.
Taylor College provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and test success. Students will receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty, practice and theory; all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.
*All Test Prep and Continuing Education courses are excluded from Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).