This course is designed to prepare students for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam. It is designed to be delivered in a lab setting, and focuses on instruction of theory and skills practice. The student will:
- Review and practice necessary skills to succeed as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Complete written examinations based on content learned in class.
- Discuss work habits to include empathy and compassion in dealing with patients both in the private economy and public sector.
- Perform 1 – 2 hours of study each day to prepare for lectures and examinations.
- Appointment with Admissions Representative
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License or State I.D. (at least 18 years old)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
Once a student has completed this course, they will have the option to apply for the Nursing Assistant Competency Exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant is conducted by Prometric. An application and testing fee must be submitted by the student to Prometric prior to receiving a testing date. For more information please visit www.prometric.com.
Taylor College provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and test success. Students will receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty, practice and theory; all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.
*All Test Prep and Continuing Education courses are excluded from Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Test Preparation Courses
Our Test Preparation Courses start at various times throughout the year. For any student wishing to apply for an upcoming Test Preparation Course, please call (352) 245-4119 and request to speak to an Admissions Representative.