This non-accredited course is designed to prepare students for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Exam. It is designed to be delivered in an online and lab setting. The student will review theory and clinical procedures, complete written examinations and develop skills to draw blood, interview patients, measure and record vital signs, prepare exam rooms, clean and sterilize medical equipment, administer injections, as well as topical and oral medications, and perform venipuncture and point-of-care testing.
- Appointment with Admissions Representative
- Registration Fee
- Copy of Driver’s License or State I.D. (at least 18 years old)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma, GED Certificate, Official High School Transcripts and/or Official GED Transcripts
- Completed Enrollment Application (provided at appointment)
- Completed Program Policies (provided at appointment)
- Level II Background Check (Must be completed and submitted to Taylor College prior to beginning class the first day.)
Once a student has completed the course, they will have the option to apply for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Exam, Phlebotomy Technician Certification Exam (requirement of 40 live sticks prior to the exam) and EKG Technician Certification Exam (requirement of 12 EKGs prior to the exam). Testing to become certified is conducted by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). An application and testing fee must be submitted by the student to NHA prior to receiving a testing date. For more information please visit www.nhanow.com.
Taylor College is a testing site for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Students who submit their application(s) and testing fee(s) to NHA can take the certification exams at the College.
- Medical Assistant Externship: The Medical Assistant externship is not required for licensure, but is designed to give the student hands-on experience to observe and train with a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting. A student must have an ID badge to perform the externship in a clinical setting. Badges are purchased by the student and valid for 30 days from the last day of the class.
- Phlebotomy Externship: To be eligible for the Phlebotomy Technician Certification Exam, all students must complete 40 live sticks (30 venipuncture and 10 capillary). A student must have an ID badge to perform the live sticks in a clinical setting. Badges are purchased by the student and valid for 30 days from the start of the class.
Both the Phlebotomy and Medical Assistant externships will be completed in a clinical setting. Any student wishing to complete an externship, at a facility assigned to you by Taylor College, is required to successfully pass a Level ll Background Check.
Listed below are requirements of the student performing their Medical Assistant and/or Phlebotomy externship:
- The course instructor will provide the student with the location and time of clinicals.
- While performing at the facility, the student must wear scrubs or follow the facility’s dress code.
- While you are at the facility you must adhere to all HIPAA privacy policies.
- The student is responsible for any actions while in attendance at the facility.
- For the Phlebotomy Externship, it is the student’s responsibility to get documentation showing that you have completed the required number of live sticks. This documentation must be submitted to Taylor College.
Taylor College provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and test success. Students will receive hands-on education through the guidance of qualified faculty, practice, and theory; all reinforced with interaction with professionals in specialized industries.
*All Test Prep and Continuing Education courses are excluded from Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Test Preparation Courses
Our Test Preparation Courses start at various times throughout the year. For any student wishing to apply for an upcoming Test Preparation Course, please call 352–245–4119 and request to speak to an Admissions Representative.